Thursday, March 25, 2010

Encounter Critical/Mutant Future/D&D "Artwork"

These are some doodles I did over a year ago during the wait for a D&D session to start. I was also thinking about post-apoc & science fantasy, the line of thinking that eventually led to Planet Algol. Wes/Fat Cotton stole my Psychic Bear! I dig how happy missile dog looks, I think he'd be a good sidekick.

Doctor Scale Mail always packs heat and wears his armor vest and rubber boots while working in his lab just in case. Dual-wielding a shotgun and spiked bat does no good against Viper Plaskin slitting your throat. Too bad rat-man didn't smell his cigarette before the attack.

Robotcop PUNCHING THE FUCK OUT of a Martian Tripod?

The text says "Gargantuan Shrimp" in my pathetic scrawl. That saucer-clam looks smug!

Pete: "The guy on roller-skates (actually rocket-skates) looks like a dad!"

There's more than one way to fry a chicken...

One of my (former?)players was not happy when attacked by sand-sharks, "This is stupid!"


Oh no...not the baby!

He looks determined..but inept.

I would not fuck with these two without good reason!

During my 4E Weird Western D&D game, I made a point of describing Dwarves as looking like muppets and walking like Alf...

That's one happy looking giant snake! During the first AD&D Planet Algol game I used this picture to illustrate the fate of a PC...save vs. poison is a real mother at 1st level...

EDIT: The below video fits the theme and is awesome, dig those elbow nail-spikes!

14 comments:

  1. airsquid

    This needs to be the cover of something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I just found my new old favorite band.

    -Tourq

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That really brings back memories. Those are some fun sketches! The motorcycle-centaur guy is fun--definitely a Mutant Future sort of thing to throw at players. And sand sharks are awesome. I don't care what your player whined. If they couldn't hear the theme music from Jaws, then they shoulda stayed out of the desert. I'm just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  4. IF THEY EVER GIVE ME MY LISINSE BACK,I AM GOING TO GET A BUS LIKE THAT.

    ALSO I WANT YOU TO DRAW ALL MY CHARACTER PICSTURES.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THIS SHIT!

    Awesome etchings!

    What more can I say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am also a fan of the air-squid!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heh. Muppet dwarves. Walking like ALF. Heh heh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also--seriously tempted to gank the mototaur for my upcoming Mutant Future campaign...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Missle Dog is the winner, as far as I'm concerned. Heavy ordinance + likes to chase squirrels = Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like I'll have to thieve that Air-Squid/Rocket Dad as well. Good to see these again! I think I was almost in tears that day over some of those, fuckin' great work! Good to see them make it into the electronic realm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perhaps some inspiration for a Xarnagan direction:
    "Doctor Scale Mail always packs heat and wears his armor vest and rubber boots while working in his lab just in case."

    Sage and Scientist!

    Pretty Awesome concept, but still doesn't beat Rocket Dad: "Honey, could you hand me my Deathbook? I happened to kill a giant flying squid on my way home tonight. Mmm, this Pot Roast smells delicious!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone, I'm glad you enjoy these juvenile scrawls.

    @ JOESKYTHEDUNGEONBRAWLER: It would be an honor! You can always contact me at Planetalgol AT Gmail DOT Com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The bloated snake was digesting the recently painted Tharbrian barbarian Marach "Chopper" MacReid. Tough times in Ibnath.

    I missed Robotcop punching Martian tripod the 1st time. Killer!

    ReplyDelete